Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Goals

Do you have any?  I do.  A few actually.
1. Take 365 pictures this year, minimum (not really a challenge as I took over 200 in one day last year) but I want to take pictures of things I normally wouldn't.  For example, I took a picture during worship in VK today.  Not the best picture, but I love it.
 2. Lose a lot of weight.  I would really like to lose half of my total weight.  Seeing as I don't have a scale, I don't really know what that number would be.  But it's a lot.  And I've got a good start on it.  I hope to use this particular journey to glorify God, because without Him, I wouldn't even be going to the gym.

3. Get SUPER organized.  I want to clean out any and all clutter in my life.  Physical material clutter, emotional clutter and spiritual clutter as well.  I want it all gone!  I think I'm preparing for the next chapter in my life and in order to do so, I have to get rid of some crap.

4. Grow my faith.  I want to grow in my faith to the point that I never question God's intentions or His goodness.  Now this is not to say that I continually do this now, but someone once said we must look like toddlers to God when we don't get our way or when things don't go the way we want them to or think they should.  And I want to stop that.  I don't want to continually be a toddler.  I want to grow up.  It might be painful, and it might be disturbingly difficult. But I know I can do it.

5. Deepen my relationships.  I have some truly amazing friends and I have some truly amazing acquaintances who would make amazing friends. I want to deepen the friendships I have and make friends out of those acquaintances.

6. Continue my 4.0 in school.  I want to graduate with a 4.0 so I have to keep it up this year.

7. Become a better mom.  I am continually working at being the best mom I can be, especially since I'm a single mom, I'm the only one Nate has.  But I really want to make sure that healthy parenting is what I'm doing.  We damage our kids without realizing it, but because I see some of the damage I can or have caused, I want to change that pattern before I turn my kid into a serial killer or something.

8. Last but not least, I am working on a single's mentoring program/curriculum.  I think it would be a lot easier to be single and give that time to God if there was someone to help guide them.  This curriculum would be God centered and not focused on finding Mr./Mrs. Right.

Please do not get these goals confused with New Year's Resolutions.  I do not do resolutions.  Resolutions seem to be something to kick off the new year with, only to give up on them a few weeks later.  Goals give me something to strive for the entire year.  So on December 31, 2012, let's check back on this list and see what I accomplished and what fell by the wayside.  I hope to say that I accomplished all of my goals!







No comments:

Post a Comment