Monday, August 29, 2011

Crash, burn and get back up

Wow...so the last time I wrote anything I was pretty much crashing and burning as I wrote. The cool thing about God is that you can crash and burn as many times as it takes to get it right, and He will always help you pick up the pieces. I'm not stressing about school or money or whatever else I was ranting about last time. Nope instead this time I'm singing a different tune. On Sunday, Troy, our assistant pastor, talked about how much our church loves doing life together. His message really inspired me. He talked about being intentional in our relationships and not just waiting for them to happen to us. He said that sometimes if you want to be invited to the "thing" you have to make the first move. People might not know you want to be invited, or we may just not know you...period.
Relationships are a two way street. It takes two to tango. Blah Blah Blah. Yeah we've heard it all before. But have we done anything about it? Probably not. So I'm going to make a change. If you are in my phone, and we text each other, you are going to get a text from me each week with a daily word of encouragement or prayer. This is how I am going to start to be intentional about my relationships. I want each of you to know how much I love you and love doing life with you.
This is me getting back up.

1 comment: