Friday, June 10, 2011

Livin' the Blessed Life

I don't think I ever fully understood what it meant to be "living a blessed life", until today. I'm sitting in the midst of a 3 and 4 year old running circles around me and declaring their allegiance to good guys or bad guys. I've never heard a more beautiful sound.
So does a blessed life mean I am the richest of my friends? I own the biggest house, the best car, the most toys? Nope, and sadly, I don't think I believed that until this morning. I mean I've known that I have lived a pretty decent life. I've never been homeless. I've never been starving. I've never had to declare bankruptcy. I've never had to beg for food or money. But I've also never been able to buy my own house, own a BMW X5(which I still would like to do), have more money in my bank account than I know what to do with. I always wanted those things, even if I never spoke them out loud, they were always in my head floating around. Today I finally figured out, for real, what being blessed is.
I am so very blessed because I get to spend the summer with Nate. I never really knew what a great kid I had until this week. OK, don't get me wrong, I have always known what a great kid Nate is, everyone always falls in love with him when they meet him and I couldn't wait to hang out with him after work each day. But getting to spend this entire week with him, I've truly learned what an amazing child I really have. The things I'm going to share with you, I've always known, but I've really seen them in action this week.
Nate is a really particular child. If he thinks something should be a certain way, it really does need to be that way, in his mind, and don't try to change his mind on it! He likes things "just so" and it's actually very important to him to keep things the same. Change does not bode well with him.
He loves other children, and not just as playmates, he really loves them. We didn't see Dillon for two days this week and he continually asked when we were going back to Dillon's and he told me how much he missed him. This morning I told him we were going to the zoo with Dillon and Izzy and he got so excited, more than I expected, and then he told me "Mom I love Izzy!" Nate has a huge heart and I love seeing it in action.
Nate is also very, very sensitive. I had no idea how sensitive my child was until this week. I always knew he was a sensitive kid, but he is really overly sensitive. I can't really explain that either, you just have to see it. Everything makes him cry, which I already knew, but I'm wondering if he was like this at school, or if its just for my benefit. They always say kids save their worst behavior for their mom.
Nate loves super heroes. Now trust me, this is something that will not go unnoticed, even if you are meeting him for the first time, but man I think he might be heading towards obsession! He thinks about them constantly and talks about them constantly and shoots spider webs constantly. If I knew how to spell the sound he makes when he shoots a web I would put it in here, because I hear it about a million times a day! And just when I think I have his favorite nailed, he switches it up on me!
Nate is really a cool kid and I am truly BLESSED to be his mother. And if it wasn't for God, the real God, the Alpha and Omega, the Father of Jesus, I wouldn't have this little guy in my life. My pregnancy definitely was not planned by me, but I truly believe Nate was always a part of God's plan.
This is the blessed life, for me anyway, getting to spend the summer with my Nater and Dillon, listening to worship music all day, enjoying beautiful weather, getting my tan on (let's be real, I'm still human LOL), and not caring what the world thinks of me or my life any longer. Man it took me 34 years to get here, I hope I get another 34 at least to enjoy it.
What makes your life "The Blessed Life"?

No comments:

Post a Comment