Friday, February 4, 2011

To Mac or not to Mac....

So I finally got all of my pictures from Mexico uploaded to the important websites like Facebook, Snapfish and Shutterfly, and let me tell you, I absolutely can not wait to be doing that on a Mac. I'm so excited to actually be the proud owner of a Mac. I am going to Best Buy directly after work to purchase a MacBookPro. That's right, the next blog will be written on a Mac (maybe that doesn't excite you as much as it does me). My dad has been telling me for years to buy Apple, but being a single mom, Apple products are pricey, no where near my price range. However I did my taxes exuberantly (is that a word? maybe its spelled wrong who knows) early and my refund is currently in my account. I paid off my credit cards, which makes me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY and other than car payment (which will be done in May) and student loan payment (I'll be dead before that thing is paid off) I have no debt! WOO HOO! So I'm taking a large chunk of my refund and buying a Mac. I have to say, I don't know a lot about computers, I know how to play on the Internet and create documents, word and excel and what have you, but other than that, I just want one that looks pretty. Yes I am THAT girl! I know, trite and sad at the same time, but at least I'm honest. So for me to invest this kind of money into a laptop there has to be either a really really pretty cover on the thing, it comes in pink, or, and more practical if I do say so, it will last much longer than a PC. Unfortunately, pink and pretty are not options ;)
I've done my research and looks like the Mac is by far a better choice. PC's just don't last very long. I have had laptops since 2001 and I have had to replace them every 3-4 years. So lets do the math, its currently 2011 so for 10 years I have used a laptop and I have had to purchase a new one every 3.5 years I am on laptop number 3! I don't want to continue to buy laptops every 3.5 years, which is what I told the guy at Best Buy a few days ago. Do you know what he said to me???? Macs are built to last 7-12 years!!!! WHAT? Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner??? 7-12 years people! That's just CRAZY, but in a very good way! So basically what this kid who is all of maybe 22 years old tells me is that if I had just invested in Mac 10 years ago, I would probably just be replacing it now. Huh, good to know.
So with any luck I will plop down my debit card for the MacBookPro tonight at Best Buy and not have to do such a thing again for at least another 10 years. Thank you Apple for being superior to PC's when it comes to laptops.
I should probably add...that the two laptops I had in the past 10 years, ended up costing me more than the Mac because of viruses, repairs and new batteries. So buyer beware, you may think you are saving yourself money today, but in the long run, was it worth it???? Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment