Wednesday, June 30, 2010

AYE YI YI

Ok so quick snippet into my daily life. I mentioned before I'm a store manager at a chain retailer for men. So if you have ever shopped anywhere in your life you know that it takes people to run a store. What you might not know is that monkeys, in fact, can NOT do my job or the job of my team. I am considering letting someone go because she is turning out to be a monkey. I understand that she has a full time job that pays more than she makes here...Man I would hope so what I pay can't pay the bills! But regardless if you are scheduled here, during the availability you gave me, then you need to be here, not call in because your other job asked if you might be able to stay late. Your answer should be "Sorry I can't tonight, is there another night I could stay late for you?" As I would expect you to do the same if I asked you to work outside of your availbility for me. This person has not yet been here 30 days and this is the second time this week she has called in, not to mention the fact that last night she tells me oh by the way I'm really sorry but I can't work the 5th. Oh really? Huh that's funny but I'm pretty sure that schedule has been posted since I hired you in the beginning of June and NOW you tell me you can't work???? Come on people. This may be retail but its a REAL job too! Get it together!

1 comment:

  1. here here! it's a total lack of personal responsability that our society adheres to a lot more than it should!

    ReplyDelete